Table of Contents
- 1 The Gluten-Free Experiment
- 2 The Book Promos
- 3 Happenings
- 4 The Truth About Ramen Noodles and Gluten
- 5 What Are Ramen Noodles?
- 6 What Is Gluten?
- 7 The Most Important Question … Are Maruchan Ramen Noodles Gluten Free?
8 Gluten-Free Ramen Noodles – Do They Exist?
- 8.1 Gefen Gluten Free Wide Noodles 9oz (6 Pack) | No Eggs Added | Large Noodles
- 8.2 Manischewitz Gluten Free Spiral Noodles, 12oz (3 Pack) All Natural, Yolk Free, Low Sodium, Kosher for Passover and Year Round
- 8.3 Taste Of Thai Noodle Rice gluten free Extra wide, 16 Ounce (Pack of 1)
- 8.4 Gefen Gluten Free Chow Mein Noodles, Fine, 8 Ounce
- 8.5 Double Yolk Gluten Free Medium Egg Noodles,10 Ounce Bag (Pack of 2)
- 8.6 Original Gluten Free Homestyle Noodles - Double Yolk Egg Noodles, 2 Packs 10 Ounces Each
- 8.7 ONETANG Organic Buckwheat & Brown Rice Ramen Noodle, Gluten-Free Pasta, Whole Grain, Non-GMO, Kosher, Vegan 2.47 Oz (Pack Of 12)
- 8.8 Double Yolk Gluten Free High Fiber Egg Noodles, 10 Ounce Bag (Pack of 2)
- 8.9 Manishewitz Gluten Free Medium Noodles 12oz (3 Pack) All Natural, Yolk Free, Low Sodium, Kosher for Passover and Year Round
- 8.10 Bionaturae Elbow Pasta Noodles - Gluten Free Pasta Organic, Rice & Lentil Pasta, Kosher Certified, High Protein, Non-GMO Verified, USDA Certified, Gluten Free Pastas, Crafted in Italy - 12 Oz
- 8.11 You Might Also Like ...
In an attempt to get my allergies under control, I decided to go gluten-free in the off chance that it would help. It has not. It has, however, made me want to eat Chinese food, pizza, and Keebler cookies in large quantities. I have continued to torture myself by depriving myself of these essential foods.
One of Joe’s sponsors is i and love and you, who makes this awesome good food for pets. Maybe I should switch to that food to be gluten-free.*
* Get your paws on $10 off a $20 or more purchase for i and love and you with JOE10OFF at https://bit.ly/2FRnJhy
The Gluten-Free Experiment
When I write this, I have been gluten-free for one week. Seven torturous days. The worst part of this experiment is that I need to find a good ramen noodle substitute. Who cares about Chinese food, pizza, and Keebler cookies. Where is the ramen???
All those substitutes that you find online? Not so good for the ramen noodle addict. If you, too, are an addict, and you have a good substitute to share, please help a girl out.
When I was a little girl, my favorite snack after school was … a bowl of ramen noodles. I dumped some lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and whatever veggies were on hand. (Radishes were my favorite.)
I ate it whenever I didn’t feel good, too, like it was some magical potion of yumminess. What’s not to like about it? It’s fast, it’s cheap, and it’s versatile.
Did I mention that it was cheap? With the rising cost of food, you can always count on good ol’ cheapo ramen. How it hasn’t really increased in price since I was a little girl is … scary. (But delicious.)
I love ramen so much that I’m contemplating on creating an entire website dedicated to different recipes.
I literally could eat this everyday. You know those questions people ask? “If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?” It’s ramen.
Ramen isn’t very good for you, though. And it contains gluten.
I also found out that gluten-free food … big surprise, here … isn’t as tasty as the gluten form. Take out the gluten, take out the flavor.
This is seriously bumming me out. I could use a tasty bowl of ramen noodles.
The Book Promos
Ribbons of Death by Edita A. Petrick is absolutely free! Carter is an intelligence officer on a strange quest to Montana … where he has to put down his gun and pick up a book … to solve this one!
Next is the Woman’s Touched By Magic giveaway. Everything here is where women pack a magical touch. Even more than we already do. 🙂
I haven’t had a lot of time to dedicate to my websites, but some new posts are coming soon! For the sewists among us, I am creating some new patterns to throw up on the site (and for you to download). I did write up 40+ crafts for Mother’s Day.
The Truth About Ramen Noodles and Gluten
My mother always told me that ramen noodles were bad for me because they were high in fat, sodium, and starch. Was she right? Turns out, she was.
However, ramen noodles have become a staple in many households, especially among college students and busy professionals. With the rise of gluten-free diets, many people have been avoiding ramen noodles altogether, assuming they contain gluten.
What Are Ramen Noodles?
Ramen noodles are a type of Chinese/Korean/Japanese noodle made from wheat flour, water, salt, and kansui (an alkaline mineral water). They are typically served in a hot broth with various toppings, such as sliced pork, scallions, mushrooms, and a boiled egg. A lot of times, the Korean version is spicy.
Ramen noodles originated in China and were introduced to Korea and Japan in the late 19th century. Today, they are enjoyed worldwide and have become a popular food among people of all ages.
What Is Gluten?
Gluten is a type of protein found in wheat, barley, rye, and other related grains. It is responsible for giving bread and other baked goods their elasticity and chewy texture. Gluten can be difficult to digest for some people, particularly those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity. These conditions can cause a range of symptoms, including abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, and fatigue.
The Most Important Question … Are Maruchan Ramen Noodles Gluten Free?
The answer is no, they are not.
Gluten-Free Ramen Noodles – Do They Exist?
Yes, there are gluten-free ramen noodles available on the market. I usually find anything gluten-free is also taste-free, so … yeah. I can’t eat ramen noodles since I’m on a gluten-free diet. 🙁
Gefen Gluten Free Wide Noodles 9oz (6 Pack) | No Eggs Added | Large Noodles
Manischewitz Gluten Free Spiral Noodles, 12oz (3 Pack) All Natural, Yolk Free, Low Sodium, Kosher for Passover and Year Round
Taste Of Thai Noodle Rice gluten free Extra wide, 16 Ounce (Pack of 1)
Gefen Gluten Free Chow Mein Noodles, Fine, 8 Ounce
Double Yolk Gluten Free Medium Egg Noodles,10 Ounce Bag (Pack of 2)